My Inbox Is Full And I Can't Get Out
Managing Your Day Using Microsoft® Outlook®
More than ever before, busy professionals are being bombarded with information coming at them at an alarming rate.
Thousands find themselves in a daily battle to try and "stay on top of everything" only to realize that they have just spent a full day simply trying to get to the 114 new messages in their Inbox (not to mention the other 378 already there).
It has been estimated that email alone consumes 25% of the work day of busy professionals. The cost associated with that percentage is staggering as it relates to productive time that could be spent producing positive results.
Unfortunately for most, though, the challenge is just beginning. You see, in addition to managing the incredible volume of emails coming at them, most people are additionally trying to juggle appointments, to-dos, notes, phone calls, follow-ups, meetings, deadlines, and all the other details of their busy days. For many, it is becoming overwhelming.
There has got to be a better way...and there is.
Surprisingly, the solution to the challenges listed above resides in a computer program that most people already possess but are underutilizing...Microsoft® Outlook®.
Fact - Most Outlook® users only use one or two components of the Outlook® program leaving much of its capacity untapped.
Fact - Outlook® can be programmed to not only cut down on the volume of email received but to also automatically file many of the email needed to do your job.
Fact - Outlook® has information management capabilities that allow you to keep up with tasks, contacts, documents, events and email in a seamless process allowing for quick and easy retrieval of critical information.
Fact - By utilizing the components in Outlook® that most people ignore (such as tasks and notes) and, by learning a process to connect all contacts, tasks, activities and information, you can substantially reduce that 25% of time spent on email alone while at the same time increase your focus and productivity.
Fact - This process can be learned in as little as a few hours.
Weber Associates has identified the critical success skills and key functions needed to maximize the impact of Outlook®. As participants learn our process, Outlook® is transformed from simply an "ok personal organization tool" that came with my computer into a command control center of events, information, contacts, and activities where users literally learn how to manage every detail of their life and never have anything fall through the cracks.
In the workshop participants will learn how to:
- Set up rules for managing and filing email automatically
- Develop a system of email storage using folders that make sense for easy retrieval later
- Effectively manage their calendar (including alarms, recurring events, private items)
- Set up tasks in a way that allows them to stop using the inbox as a to-do list
- Use OneNote® to document phone calls, activities, and follow up
- Transform the Contacts function to be a linking point for information and not just an address book
- Learn a system of email protocols that will make emails more effective
- Simply turn emails into tasks or appointments via "drag and drop" functionality
Microsoft and Outlook are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
- Sticks & Stones Exposed
- My Inbox Is Full And I Can't Get Out
- Leadership Redefined
- The Winner In You
- I'm Spread So Thin You Can See Through Me
- Overcoming Life's Goliaths
- I Am NOT Stressed Out!
- The X Factor
- Rock Your Future